The Meriam Library is ready to kickoff Brown Bag Talks this semester starting Tuesday, February 14, 2017 continuing through Tuesday April 25, 2017 at noon. The library faculty, as well as Research and Sponsored Programs, will be presenting on a variety of topics that you will find informative, supportive and interesting. The topics are:
- Inside the CSU Wide Unified Library Management System 2/14
- Authors Beware: Predatory Journals and How to Identify Them 2/21
- Goodbye Lexis-Nexis, Hello Westlaw & America’s News 2/28
- MLA 8th Edition: What’s New (And What People Using It Need to Know) 3/21
- Open Educational Resources 3/28
- History of CSU Chico (1960-) 4/4
- ReSearch with the New CSU System Wide Discovery Interface 4/11
- Personal Information Management Practices-Preparing for the Campus Institution Repository 4/18
- Locating Extramural Funding Opportunities for your Research 4/25
Bring your lunch to Room 252,The Presentation Room, located on the 2nd floor of Meriam Library, and join in this informal series of timely issues.
Questions about our Brown Bag Talks? Please email Laurie Ratterree at email@example.com.
Meriam Library is committed to inclusion. We now have two all gender restrooms located on the third floor, North of the elevator.
Meriam Library Third Floor is designated for silent solitary study or relaxation. We added some signage to help maintain the peace and quiet. Go on, indulge in the silence.
Meriam Library now has technology equipment for loan. Most equipment circulates for 3 days or 4 hours.
Here a partial list:
Computer & Accessories
• Apple Superdrive
• ASUS ChromeBit
• Brother portable color scanner
• Raspberry Pi 2
• Intuos creative art tablet
• Intuos professional art tablet
• Canon Rebel camera
• GoPro Hero 4
• Hausbell camcorder
Projectors & Accessories
• Casio Slim projector with Wi-Fi
• Casio Slim projector without Wi-Fi
• Logitech presentation remote
• Blue snowball microphone
• Tascam audio recorder
• Sennheiser professional studio-monitoring headphones
• Sony professional folding headphones
• TI-83 Plus
• TI-84 Plus CE
And much more!
See the LibGuide for more information: http://libguides.csuchico.edu/technologylending
Or contact Meriam Library Circulation, Interlibrary Services & Reserve:
First Floor: (530) 898-6501 firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated daily, both these databases are recognized as extremely useful resources that “bridge the information gap between mainstream and alternative literature.” Meriam Library is happy to announce access to two significant databases has been renewed.
Ethnic Newswatch supplies full text access to articles from newspapers and periodicals covering the 1960s to present, published by minority, ethnic, and Native presses in the United States.
GenderWatch is a full text database that covers how gender impacts a broad spectrum of areas, covering the 1970s to the present, from the perspective of multiple disciplines.
You can locate either database on the Databases A-Z link on the Meriam Library homepage.
Anybody can edit Wikipedia!
Let’s gather to strengthen Wikipedia’s scope and content related to Black History. Join Meriam Library on February 23rd in MLIB 226 from 3-5pm, with the goal of collaborating to enhance and expand on Wikipedia articles that document black leaders, thinkers, and artists throughout history. In this interactive workshop, users will:
- Create a Wikipedia account and learn the 5 Pillars of Wikipedia.
- Research and update citations for Wikipedia pages important to Black History.
All are welcome.
No experience is required.
Reference materials will be provided.
If you wish to participate, please contact email@example.com
The Meriam Library Spring 2017 hours (beginning Monday January 23) are:
Monday – Thursday 7:30 am – 11:45 pm
Friday 7:30 am – 5:45 pm
Saturday 12:00 – 4:45 pm
Sunday 12:00 – 11:45 pm
In addition, the 1st floor Student Computer Lab and The Grove will be open until 9:45 on Fridays, 10:00 am – 9:45 pm on Saturdays, and opening at 10:00 am on Sundays.
During Spring Break week, March 13-17, the library will be open Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:45pm.
The entire library will be open for extended hours during the last two weeks of the semester.
The entire library complex will be closed March 11, 12, 18, and 31.
Complete Library Hours Calendars
posted by Library Building Management